Friday, August 24, 2007

What's there to prove?

Too often we spend our lives proving to others our worth, our existence and among other things... our ignorance.

We painstakingly beautify the facade to create that perfect picture… the ideal lifestyle, the wonderful world of make believe.

We ask what the purpose of such act is. In fact it’s an innocent act to satisfy our ego, to ‘prove’ that we are the superior beings and obviously for others to be jealous and envy of.

We feel inferior by the status, success, possessions or looks of others and our self-esteem suffers. We than become blind to the blessings in our lives.

“Fake people”. I try to keep my distance afraid to be contaminated or worst, victimized. Backstabbing is one of their favorite games.

I have my fair share of ‘fake’ people in my life. Their personality never fails to amaze me but I hate to admit that life will be plain and simple without them.

No comments: