Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bangkok Day 5 (8 Sep 07)

Took the BTS to Mo Chit (THB35), Chatuchak Park after breakfast.

Bought:
- 4 t-shirts (THB540)
- Mini donut snack (THB25)
- Coconut drink (THB75)
- 2 dresses (THB450)
- Bag (THB199)

I was looking for the 'I'm NOT A plastic bag" wanting to get another but realised the ones at Chatuchak were badly made, the quality is so bad that I dun even bother to ask for the price. Got another Lesportsac bag for Huimin.

Took the MRTA route from Kamphaeng Phet to Phra Ram 9 station, IT Mall Fortune Plaza. Had lunch at MK restaurant (THB371). At 1pm Bangkok time, the waiters and waitresses started to dance for about 1 min... amazing. I missed the MK at Paya Lebar where I used to visit with friends and colleagues. Bought DVDs (THB400). Shop at Tesco. James bought another bermudas (THB299), a leather shoe shine (THB41) and some more tibits.

Took MRT to Si Lom station and took a cab to Health Land for massage. Lili recommended this place. I had foot reflexology (THB250/1 hr) and James took the Traditional Thai massage (THB450/2 hrs). He seriously needs to relax the muscles and release stress. There are already tons of people at the lobby waiting for their names to be called. I waited for about 10 mins before being lead by my masseuse to an area where I changed into slippers before proceeding into the dimly lighted aromatic inner chambers.

My foot reflexology was so relaxing that I hardly feel pain. Although it's foot reflexology, my whole body gets massaged. The masseuse begin by washing my feet with warm water than massage the feet slowly moving up to the lower than upper thighs, followed by hands, shoulders, back and head. After the 1 hour session, I was given a cup of lemongrass spa drink before changing back into my shoe.

I had to wait for James to finish his thai massage for another hour. Luckily Huimin called and we chit chatted for a while. Throughout the wait, I saw constant stream of tourists and locals coming in.

Health Land is right opposite UOB building.

Took Silom Line, Surasak to Siam station. Had dinner at Fuji Japanese restaurant (THB709), Siam Center. This restaurant is rather popular with the locals cos food is not bad and at reasonable pricing. We find the food not that fantastic.

Had wanted to buy chai por - pickled salty radish (THB11) but haven't been seriously searching for them until Huimin asked to buy. So, bought about 6 packs at CentralWorld supermarket. Also bought coconut ice-cream (THB24) to try. James went to this bakery cum restaurant for lunch and loves their coconut ice-cream cos it's not that sweet and you can actually eat the coconut meat. We didn't have a chance to go back to this bakery so we bought coconut ice-cream cup from the supermarket to try. It's delicious.

Back to the hotel and we got news that the locals will be staging a protest at the airport. Hotel staff says the government has controlled the situation but according to a friend's relative here, they are still going ahead as planned.


Chatuchak Park.

Bags.

IT Mall Fortune Plaza.

MK Restaurant.

Health Land Spa & Massage.

Fuiji Japanese Restaurant.

Soft Shell Crab Roll.

Purchases from Chatuchak.


Coconut ice-cream.

No comments: