Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tip Top Curry Puffs

Meet James at AMK Hub for dinner last night and I tried this Tip Top Curry Puffs at AMK Central.

The crust is crispy, not flaky or buttery and you can actually eat chunks of meat and potato. Unlike Old Chang Kee's Curry' O, it doesn't have that strong aftertaste and it is also not too oily. For $1 each, I would drop by to buy it when I happen to be at the neighborhood.

I have also tried the Isle Cafe curry puff at Peace Centre. The crust is thin and crispy but the paste form filling is too spicy for me. I got it for 70 cents each about 3 months ago. The pricing is attractive but the size of the curry puff is slightly smaller.

I think Curry' O has gone up by 10 cents making it $1.10 now. Curry puffs should not be that expensive. I think 60 to 80 cents is the ideal price.




No comments: