Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Choco 'not so low fat' Muffin

I wanted to bake banana walnut bread but the bunch of banana that my mum harvested from her mini plantation has not fully ripe yet.

So I ransacked my recipe collection and decided to bake this choco low fat muffin except that it’s not exactly low fat cos I didn’t have yogurt so I substituted with some unsalted butter and I added an egg.

It turns out pretty good. Not too sweet, a toothsome muffin. I shall add some chocolate chip the next time.

Choco-low fat muffin recipe
Ingredients:
1½ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup low fat vanilla yogurt
⅔ cup skim milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered super (optional)

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla extract until combined. Do not beat.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool muffins and remove from the pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops of muffins, if desired.

- Store at room temperature, or freeze in airtight container for longer storage.


No comments: