Friday, November 9, 2007

Am I As Knowledgeable?

How is one’s knowledge measured? How can I tell if I’m more knowledgeable than my 7 year old nephew or my not at all senile grandmother?

A friend has been telling me more than once that the magnitude of knowledge she gained through her career as a financial advisor would not have been possible if she had stayed in her previous salaried office job.

“I would still be a 井底之蛙 (frog in the well) if I had stayed in that line...”

“Now I can converse confidently with CEOs, people of high profile and people of different trade… blah… blah… blah…”

“… I know much more than people of my age…”

.
.
.

I wonder other than financial related information that she is without dispute to have much more knowledge than me, what else am I lacking?

Perhaps tricks to not let your spouse control you and why woman should not offer too much financially toward the household...

I mean, how does she know that I or any other person doesn’t have that knowledge she is referring to?

How much ‘knowledge’ one acquires depends greatly on one’s attitude. And I think one should have a positive mind and humble personality towards learning. Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use.

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

No comments: