Friday, November 23, 2007

Falling should be planned...




















Indeed we should plan how we fall.

Many a times, I will slip and fall (almost) cos…
- I have small feet for my size
- I’m too fat for my feet to balance
- The sole of my shoe has worn out
- I stepped on something slippery like the banana skin
- The constant rain falls on the smooth pavement
- Cleaner just mopped or waxed the imported Italian floor tiles

1. I have small feet for my size - I’m 1.68m wearing size 6½ shoes. Some think it’s proportional but I think I have the smallest feet among my friends of the same height and built. Anyway, it’s a fact and I can’t change it.

2. I’m too fat for my feet to balance - My weighing machine is spoilt… no man or machine shall ever know my weight!

3. The sole of my shoe has worn out - Not too long ago, I buy shoes based on its design, color, price, etc… but never so much on its comfort, durability and quality which are the main qualities that I look for in the shoe that I buy today hence, Crocs.

It’s proven by me that their slip-resistant soles are excellent on any smooth wet surface and it’s really soft, comfortable. It molds to your feet and is bacteria and odor resistant.

4. I stepped on something slippery like the banana skin - Ermm… I watch my steps. So far, this has not happened… touch wood.

5. The constant rain falls on the smooth pavement - I’m not worried now cos I have my Crocs.

6. Cleaner just mopped or waxed the imported Italian floor tiles - Crocs saved my day but I like to add that while point 1 to 4 are controllable by myself and point 5 is very much due to nature’s work, I find it disturbing that major shopping malls are using floor tiles that may cause your bones to break in and even outside the malls.

On one of the pillar outside Takashimaya near Wisma Atria, there is a plate warning pedestrian to be careful cos the floor is slippery. (I forgot to take a picture of it when I was there.)

The onus is on the public to exercise own precaution not to slip and fall while on the mall’s premises cos they have to take care of the bigger picture… the beauty of the building in the middle of Orchard road.

No comments: