Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cheddar Cheese Muffins

I baked some cheddar cheese muffin yesterday morning. It was surprisingly not bad. The first bite of the muffin tasted ordinary as though it was made from plain flour but the cheese flavor fills my mouth after the second bite.

Aunty Tang, you are a great supporter! Hope your kids loved it too!


Cheddar Cheese muffin recipe
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup plain yogurt
¼ cup melted butter
2 eggs, beaten

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in cheese gradually and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together yogurt, butter and egg with dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove muffin from cup while hot.

I bought the Handweaved Bamboo Food Cover from Bali many blue moons ago. It comes in 3 different sizes – Diamtr .25cm, 30cm and 35 cm. I’m not even sure if I bought it during that trip with Pig to Sydney/Bali in 2004 or earlier.

Pig, remember our trip? I still have the brochures and itinerary! Too bad I didn’t have a digital cam back than but I shall scan the photos when I’m damn free.

This package was a special promotion by Garuda Indonesia and we booked the trip without much consideration… of cos after failing to book tours to other places like Korea.

Sydney was amazing… I loved the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera House, the Blue Mountains…


Ok, digressed too much already.







No comments: