Thursday, October 11, 2007

Van Kleef Aquarium

I was watching this SBC (now TCS) produced drama – Mi Li Ye (迷离夜) which is now being re-telecasted in conjunction with Singapore TV Drama 25 Years celebration and saw the Van Kleef Aquarium.

This aquarium in River Valley Road use to house hundreds of species of tropical and temperate creatures including corals and other marine life forms. It used to be opened daily from 9am and admission fee was damn affordable.

I remember visiting the aquarium almost every week after swimming at the nearby River Valley swimming pool which was sadly also demolished.


The National Theatre was also one of the memorable structures in my childhood days although I dun recall ever stepping into the building.

I especially loved the architectural and the fountain that stood in front of the theatre. It was built by the architect Alfred Wong and Partners in 1963. The theatre had to be demolished in 1986 due to structural reasons.






No comments: